Spotify is one the best streaming music service and it has been launched in the U.S recently. If you want to signup for Spotify, you will need to request an Invite and you don’t know when you get an invite in your inbox. You can not get a free account on Spotify if you are not in the U.S. This is what I could see when I tried to sign up for a free Spotify account:
But here is a method to get a free Spotify account without being in the U.S and without an Invite.
- You will have to be in the U.K or access Spotify.com from U.K. The only possible way to access Spotify from U.S is proxy. You can go to DaveProxy which is a free U.K-based proxy service. Go to spotify.com using the proxy.
- Sign up for a free account. You will have to enter a U.K zip code which can be easily found on Google.
- Now that your Spotify account has been created, you can exit the Proxy site and visit spotify.com as usual.
- The Login button would be available on the top-right. Click on that and login using your username and Password.
- Next, you can download Spotify on your PC, connect with Facebook to import your Facebook friends and enjoy streaming Music.
Please note that free Spotify account will be ad-supported and will provide limited streaming. Spotify Unlimited is priced at $4.99/month and Spotify Premium is priced at $9.99/month. Spotify Unlimited is ad-free and provides unlimited music streaming. Spotify Premium apart from being ad-free and providing unlimited music streaming, also adds these features to mobile apps and allows offline streaming.
Let me know if you have any issues related to getting a free spotify account.