If you are an Android user and a tech savy, you would love rooting and so do I. I have always loved rooting Android devices, flashing custom ROMs and much more. It is fun to play around with your Android device, breaking all the restrictions which the manufacturers impose on your phone. After all, Android is an open source software and that’s the reason why Android developers, modders and hackers are able to develop tools to root your Android device. And yes, all those tools are free, thanks to the Android Community.
Unlock Root is one such tool developed to help you root any Android device. Usually tools are developed to root devices from a particular manufacturer but Unlock Root currently roots 250+ Android devices of various manufacturers including the top ones like HTC, Samsung, Motorola, Sony Ericsson, Acer, ASUS and many more. It currently roots devices running Android 2.1,2.2 and 2.3 only! You can expect an update for Ice Cream Sandwich Support soon.
In this tutorial I will tell you how to root Android device easily with Unlock Root. As already said, this tool supports almost all Android devices you can be sure that your device would be one among them. However, you can check this list to confirm that your device is present. If it is, continue reading.
- Unlock root runs only on Windows XP/Vista/7
- You need to install the USB drivers of your phone. Since this tool supports devices from almost all manufacturers, I’m unable to provide you with the download link. You can do a Google search for the USB drivers and install them.
- Before you root any Android phone, you need to back up your phone’s data. You can back up your contacts to the SD Card and to back up your Applications you can use ASTRO File Manager. In case you need to reset your phone, you can make use of the back up files to restore those applications.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk. Also note, rooting your phone will void your warranty.
Steps to Root Any Android Device With Unlock Root
- Download Unlock root from the official website.
- Pick up your phone and Enable USB Debugging by heading over to Settings>Applications>Development and ensure that USB Debugging is checked.
- Connect your device to the PC via USB.
- Run Unlockroot.exe
- Your handset will be automatically detected after which you can proceed to Step 5
- Choose your device from the list.
- Click on the root button to root your Android device.
- Wait for the installation to complete after which you would get a message which says that your device has been rooted.
- Reboot your device for the changes to take place.
You have now rooted your Android device. You can confirm it by checking if you have superuser app installed or by installing an app which requires superuser permissions. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below
Did you ever think it would be so easy to root any android device?