If you do not want to use this tool, you can also check our tutorial to root your Note using Unlock Root which roots 250+ Android devices, Samsung Galaxy Note being one among them. You can root your Note running 2.3.5 and 2.3.6 using Unlock Root.
- HOW TO Update Samsung Galaxy Note With Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3
- XXLP1 ICS 4.0.3 Firmware Leaked for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
- Install Ice Cream Sandwich on Samsung Galaxy Note (i9220LP1)
Before you root any Android phone, you need to back up your phone’s data. You can back up your contacts to the SD Card and to back up your Applications you can use ASTRO File Manager. In case you need to reset your phone, you can make use of the back up files to restore those applications.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk. Also note, rooting your phone will void your warranty.
- Samsung USB Drivers.
- Easy Rooting Toolkit.
Steps to root your Note
- Download Easy Rooting Toolkit using the link above and extract the contents to a separate folder.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>Applications>Development and make sure USB Debugging is checked.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note to the PC via USB Cable and make sure you set it to Charge Only mode.
- Open the folder where you have extracted the files in the first step and run runme.bat to root your Note.
- After this you need to follow the instructions you get on the screen to root your Note easily.
This is a simple way to root your device. For any queries and updates, you can check this thread at XDA.