- Backup all apps using ASTRO File Manager.
- Back up all contacts to your SD card.
- USB Cable to connect your tablet to the PC.
- Motorola USB Drivers. Download 32 Bit | 64 Bit
- Android SDK installed with Fastboot tool.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader
- Turn off your Motorola Xoom tablet.
- Boot into fastboot. This can be done by pressing the Volume down button and holding the Power button simultaneously.
- Connect your tablet to the PC via USB Cable
- Open Command Prompt or Terminal Window in your PC.
- Enter the following code:
fastboot oem unlock
- Confirm the unlock on your tablet. Use volume keys to navigate and power button to select.
- Device will reboot on success.
This lets you unlock bootloader. You can now flash custom ROMs and install ICS on Motorola Xoom
How to Lock the Bootloader Back
If you wish to lock the bootloader back due to some reasons, follow the same steps above but instead of the command given in Step 5, enter the following command:
fastboot oem lock