Samsung Galaxy Y has received a lot of custom ROMs by now. A few of theme about which we had previously written are the Creed Custom ROM
, BancetDev Custom ROM
and Infected Custom ROM
. All ROMs have some bugs, though there aren’t many with the BancetDev ROM from Sammobile. Here is yet another custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Y which is known as the Good Game ROM. While we do not promise that this ROM is good for Gaming, its developer qtu
from XDA does and hence the name. This ROM will make your Launcher look like that of Xperia Mini, also available in Cosmic Experia for LG Optimus Me. Before you proceed, have a look at the features and issues with this ROM and do not forget to make a nandroid backup so that you can revert back whenever necessary.
Features of Good Game ROM
- Based on 2.3.6 DXKL2
- Rooted (provided by the bancetDEV developer, yodeput)
- Busybox 1.18.2
- Compressed and optimized
- /system/etc/init.d integration (Link2SD mount sticks now and more performance scripts from Creed )
- [To be confirmed]Faster boot-up times after the first boot (just seven glows from the Samsung boot logo)
- [To be confirmed]Only 48MB will be consumed on internal memory after flashing
- Xperia Arc Launcher 2.0.A.0.22 with corners (like Xperia Mini) and three desktops
- Roboto font
- Google Music Player v4.1.511
- [To be confirmed]TouchWiz Messaging application without the 10-contact and 480-character SMS limitations
- Google Maps 6 from Creed
- When installing V6 SuperCharger on /system/etc/init.d, Link2SD mount warning at every cold boot appears, forcing the user to reboot the UI (warm boot). This can be solved by reflashing the ROM.
- (v1.04) Samsung Keyboard is not working. It was fixed on v1.05 but if your too busy or lazy to update, gtklocker provided us the stock Sywpe keyboard. Install it as a normal APK.
- (v1.05) ScreenCapture, Camera and Calculator applications are reportedly not working due to the compression.
Screen Captures of GG-ROM
The Prerequisites and steps to install GG Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y are on Page 2.