If you’re looking forward to customizing your Micromax A60 using custom ROMs and kernels, you should first have custom recovery installed on your phone, in order to flash custom ROM and kernels. A custom recovery lets you perform several advanced actions on your Android device, like wiping caches, factory resetting, making logs and more. In this tutorial, you will learn how to install a custom recovery on the Micromax A60. You need to first root your device and have Android SDK + Platform tools installed on your computer. Let us now proceed with the tutorial. After you install Custom Recovery, you can also install MIUI ROM on Micromax A60
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk.
- Make sure you have backed up all of your apps to the SD Card. You can use ASTRO File Manager for the same.
- Back up contacts and SMS to the SD Card.
- Disable all Anti-virus and security tools as this might prove to be a hindrance in the process to install Recovery on Micromax A60.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>Applications>Development and make sure USB Debugging is checked
- Android SDK with Platform tools installed
- Rooted Micromax A60
Steps to Install Custom Recovery
- First of all, download the custom recovery image file to your computer and connect your Micromax A60 to your computer via the USB cable.
- After that, you need to place the recovery image file your downloaded to your phone’s internal memory
Next, open a command prompt window and type “cd path_to_platform_tools_folder” without quotes (Replace the path_to_platform_tools_folder with the original path to where the Platform tools are installed, which is usually C:Program Files (x86)Androidandroid-sdkplatform-tools on 64-bit Windows and C:Program FilesAndroidandroid-sdkplatform-tools on 32-bit Windows)
- Once done, Type the following commands one by one, allowing each of them to finish before moving to the next one.
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak (notice this file install-recovery.sh may not be on your device if it gives an error or file not found move on)
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-a60-gnm.img (or name of recovery.img)
- Finally, power off your device and enter recovery by pressing and holding the “Home” button and then pressing the “Power” button until you see a recovery screen.
- After that, try flashing the signed-test_flash.zip file and if everything goes right then a file named test-flash_file will be created in /system/bin folder and then you need to map the key by pressing the Vol. Up and Vol. Down button for selecting Up/Down.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed custom recovery on your Micromax A60!In this way you can install Custom Recovery on Micromax A60. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below 🙂