HTC Amaze 4G is a beautiful device, packing a 1.5Ghz dual core processor, 1GB of RAM, a stunning SuperLCD capacitive touchscreen, 8 Megapixel camera and runs Android 2.3.4 with Sense 3.0. HTC has announced that the Amaze will receive the Ice Cream Sandwich update in Q2 of 2012 but xboarder56
, A XDA Dev member has already ported first Ice Cream Sandwich to the HTC Amaze 4G. Called the Evervolv Ice Cream Sandwich ROM
, This custom ROM is currently in early stages and there are many bugs in it but if that doesn’t scare you from playing with the ROM, This tutorial explains how you can swiftly install Evervolv Ice Cream Sandwich custom ROM on your HTC Amaze 4G without any bummers. Make sure you follow the steps very prudently and have a proper backup of all the important data you need. If you find yourself stuck in a conundrum, feel free to comment below.
Features of the Evervolv Ice Cream Sandwich ROM
- Compiled from evervolv
What doesn’t work
- SD card external
- SD card Mounting
- Before you install any ROM on your phone, it is always advisable to take a back up of your phone’s data. Backing up your contacts is easy and you can back up all your contacts to your phone’s SD Card.
- To back up your applications, I recommend you to use ASTRO File Manager which also allows cloud storage.
- Make sure you have enough battery on your device to support the installation. If the device powers off due to lack of battery power, it may brick the device
- Your phone needs to be rooted first
- HTC Amaze 4G drivers
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk.
Steps To Install Evervolv Ice Cream Sandwich ROM on HTC Amaze 4G
- Download the ROM package from here
- Connect your device to computer using USB in Mass storage mode and simply copy-paste the file into the SD card.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. If you don’t know how to do so, just open ROM Manager and press “Reboot to Recovery”.
- Once you’re in, select wipe data/factory reset. Then, in advanced, select wipe Dalvik cache as well as wipe cache.
- After that, Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > Select the ZIP file and wait for it to install (When installing the zip, the bar will stop, don’t freak out. Just wait a few minutes)
- After installation is complete, Go back to the main menu and select reboot system now
- That’s it. You now have the Evervolv Ice Cream Sandwich ROM on your HTC Amaze 4G!
If you face any issues, feel free to comment below and we’ll try our best to help you resolve your problem 🙂