Before you proceed with any hacking activity on your phone, it is always better to have a backup of your important data.
- Backup all applications using ASTRO File Manager which also lets you store the backed up file on its servers.
- Backup all contacts to SD card.
- Most of the SMS applications let you back up SMS to your SD card. You can use Go SMS or Handcent which are the most famous ones
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk.
Steps to Install Custom Recovery on Xperia X10, X10 Mini/Pro & X8
- Assuming that you would have unlocked the bootloader, you must be having Flashtool downloaded. If not, you can download it here.
- Start Flashtool.
- Connect your device to the computer. Make sure you have USB Debugging enabled. You can enable it by going to Settings>Applications>Development and ensure that USB Debugging is checked.
- Your phone must be recognized by Flashtool. If it is not, you perhaps don’t have USB Drivers installed on your computer.
- On Flashtool, click on the “plus sign” to install Recovery. You can see it in the image below:
- In the dialog box which opens, select CWM 5 (ClockworkMod 5) and click on OK.
- The installation begins and when Flashtool shows “Recovery successfully installed”, it is finished.
In this way you can easily install ClockworkMod Recovery on Sony Xperia X8, X10 and X10 Mini/Pro.