Unlock Bootloader – Sony Ericsson Xperia X10/X10 Mini/Pro & X8

Bootloader locked devices don’t really let you flash custom ROMs but there are ways you can follow to unlock the bootloader of your Android devices. Unlocking Bootloader is the next step to follow after you root your Android device. Here is a full guide to unlock bootloaders of Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, X10 Mini/Pro and X8. Doing this will help you flash custom ROMs on your device. CyanogenMod 9 for X8 & W8 is coming up next 😉 Before you proceed with the steps to unlock the Bootloader of your device, make sure you check if you are safe to do that or not.

You may brick your device permanently if you do not perform the check.

Before you proceed with any hacking activity on your phone, it is always better to have a backup of your important data.

• Backup all applications using ASTRO File Manager which also lets you store the backed up file on its servers.
  • Backup all contacts to SD card.
  • Most of the SMS applications let you back up SMS to your SD card. You can use Go SMS or Handcent which are the most famous ones

DisclaimerBlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk.

Check If You Are Safe to Unlock the Bootloader

1. Download s1tool
  2. Run the program and click on the Identify button. You will get the instructions to turn off your phone, press and hold the back button and connect it to the Computer using USB Cable.
    Unlock Sony X10, Mini/Pro X8 Bootloader

Steps to Unlock Bootloader for Xperia X10, X10 Mini/Pro & X8

1. Download latest version of Flashtool.
  2. Go to: Plugins/X10 Unlock/run
    Unlock Xperia X10 Bootloader
  3. You will get the following screen which tells you to unplug the phone from the USB Cable, Turn it off, press the back button and hold it while you connect it to the USB Cable again. Please note that the USB Cable should remain attached to the Computer. You can release the back button after the following screen disappears.
    Unlock Xperia X8 Bootloader
  4. The unlocking process will begin. Wait until Flashtool ask you to disconnect the cable off the phone, then turn on the device and connect the usb cable once again
  5. After this, Flashtool will display the message “Successfully applied unlock”.
    Unlock Xperia X10 mini Bootloader
  6. The phone will reboot and Flashtool must recognize it again. This unlocks the bootloader of your phone.
  7. To verify it, Restart Flashtool and click on Identify. You should see small “r” in the following screen. If you see Capital “R” you should repeat the process or comment below :)
    unlock xperia x10 pro bootloader

In this way you can unlock bootloader of Sony Xperia X10, X10 Mini/Pro and X8.

1. Nadir says:

Will it work for x8 E15i 11W39 ???? : (

2. Waseem says:

When i click plugin nothing appears. Plus my i have put my device in debug mode, but the program says debug is off.

Can you help ?

• Do you have USB Drivers installed properly?

• Rasmus says:

It may be because you do not have root privileges, see the FAQ on the Flashtool website.

Just press the big lock icon in Flashtool, that will do it. Leave your phone plugged in, it’ll reboot, and then the plugin menu should be availalbe.

3. Waseem says:

I managed to do it, i had to keep switching phone on and off because when phone was off it wouldn’t recognise it as debug on.

I managed to do this, what does it do? I tried this thinking it may unlock my mobile phone so i can use it with other networks.

4. Shubham Aggarwal says:

I have already got root and have a custom gingerbread rom installed on xperia x10 mini. Do I need to roll back to stock rom and proceed with unlocking process ? Or can I do it on custom rom itself ?

Thank you!

5. Ali says:

I read the tutorial and I want to correct you in some points.
    Unlocking the bootloader doesn’t allow you to flash Custom Rom’s. You can do it even without unlocking it. You just need Root privileges, and a recovery (CWM).
    About the unlocking, please check your date under the battery on the phone.
    If it is below 11W29, then don’t proceed doing this. It will hardbrick your phone(Trust me, I did that), then you need to send it to SE Repair, and act innocent.

6. My phone w8 11w39 can to unlock bootloader or not

7. x8 user 11w43 says:

mine is 11w43 and the s1tool says semc certificate?????can i unlock it?

8. aggelosk says:

i have x8 with 12w03 can i unlock my bootloader

9. Rambo says:

Its not recognize my phone… Stay on ¨attach turned of phone now¨…

10. Leisa Huewe says:

If your iPhone locked undrer carrier – look here and you can unlock iPhone permanently http://letsunlockiphone5.com

11. cfa says:

hi very one my xperia x10i does not connect to usb. when i connect the usb cable it only charge the phone. please help me.

12. Steph MetalCore says:

please help me!!when I press back button in flash mode (in S1 tool) it doesn’t appear anything please help me!