HTC Vivid is a new 4G LTE Smartphone. Since it is a 4G phone, it gives quite good data speed.This phone has excellent ratings at various sites. If you own this, you would surely believe me for the above 2 statements. However, since it is an Android phone, you would also love to root it. Reason is quite obvious, you would like to remove the bloatware HTC has stuffed into it and get some internal space, install battery saving apps like Juice Defender, record screencasts on your phone and a lot more which can be done only if you root your phone. The open source of Android lets you root your device and in this tutorial I will show you how to root HTC Vivid easily.
Rooting your device will void the warranty. To gain it back, you can flash the Stock ROM or use SuperoneClick to unroot it and gain your warranty back.
After you root HTC Vivid, don’t forget to check our tutorial to install ClockworkMod Recovery.
It is very unlikely that you will lose any data while rooting but it is always better to have a backup.
- Backing up your contacts is easy and you can back up all your contacts to your phone’s SD Card.
- To back up your applications, I recommend you to use ASTRO File Manager which also allows cloud storage.
- Make sure you have enough battery on your device.
- Disable Anti-virus and all other security apps.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk.
Steps to Root
- Download- HTC Drivers | Rooting Files
- Install HTC Drivers on your Computer.
- Enable Charge only mode on your HTC Vivid.
- Connect your phone to the PC. Your PC must recognize the connection. If it doesn’t you have not installed HTC Drivers properly.
- Extract the contents of the Rooting package to a separate folder on your PC.
- Go to the folder where you have extracted the files and double click on RUNME.bat
- Follow the instructions given on the screen.
In this way you can easily root HTC Vivid. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below