LG Optimus Net P690 is a strong competitor of LG Optimus One P500 being of almost the same price though the LG Optimus Net is more popular. Since it runs on Android OS, you have an opportunity to exploit a lot from the phone which LG might not let you do. Rooting lets you access the root files of your Android OS. In this tutorial we will tell you how to root LG Optimus Net P690 using a very popular program called Superoneclick. Superoneclick is a one-click rooting program for many Android phones but it can not be used as such with LG Optimus Net and hence you will have to follow the steps listed below to root your LG Optimus Net. After you root your phone, you can remove system apps like LG TV or any other apps which you do not need. You can also make your battery long last using an app called Juice defender and much more can be done after you root your phone.
- Before you root any device, it is always advisable to take a back up of your device’s data. Backing up your contacts is easy and you can back up all your contacts to your device’s SD Card.
- To back up your applications, I recommend you to use ASTRO File Manager which also allows cloud storage.
- Make sure your device’s battery life has a minimum of 60% charge.
- Enable USB Debugging. To do this, go to Settings>Applications>Development and make sure USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk. Also note, rooting your device will void your warranty.
Steps to Root LG Optimus Net P690
- Download – Superoneclick 2.2 | LG Drivers
- Extract Superoneclick files to a separate folder in your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone and connect it to the PC using USB cable.
- Unmount your phone’s SD card. To do this, go to Settings>Storage>Unmount SD Card. This is important. If you do not do this, you may lose data on your SD card.
- Go to the folder where you had extracted Superoneclick files. You will find a folder “adb” in the extracted contents.
- Open the “adb” folder and right click on white space and select “Open Command Prompt here”. Alternatively, open Command Prompt and type cd [path to adb folder].
- Type the following commands in Command Prompt.:adb devices (press enter)(after this command you should see your device id)
adb shell (press enter) (after this command you should see $ sign)
$ echo 1 >/data/local/lge_adb.conf (press enter)
- Minimize Command Prompt. go to Superoneclick extracted folder and click on Superoneclick.exe
- Click on “Root” on the top left hand side of the window.
- You can reboot your phone after you get the following message “Killing ADB and restarting as root… enjoy!”
In this way, you can easily root LG Optimus Net P690. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below