Ice Cream Sandwich has been ported to Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 by nobodyAtall on XDA Forums. This ICS ROM for Xperia X8 is based on CyanogenMod 9 running on nAa Kernel. You have a custom kernel and a custom ROM for your Xperia X8. Please note that this is a custom ROM and hence has some bugs. It does not have a working camera so people who use camera frequently, please do not use this. But there would be updates for this ROM for which you can refer the original development thread from the link below. Also, you will need to wipe all data on your device. So make sure you backup everything before you proceed.
In this tutorial we will see a few features and bugs of this ROM along with some screen captures. The second page of this post will contain the download links and steps to install ICS on Sony Xperia X8.
Features of CM9 Based ICS ROM
- Built for MDPI
- Full hardware acceleration (the ICS way)
- Opengl rendering
- MiniCM Update notifications via c2dm (Settings -> System -> Update notifications)
- App2sd / Dalvik2sd compatible with 2.1 app2sd (storing to ext2/3/4 pre-existing partition is detected and mounted as such)
- Android’s native App2sd (move to sdcard, storing to fat)
- In kernel ClockworkMod recovery v184.108.40.206 and option to reboot into Recovery
- Modular Undervolting handled Settings -> Performance menu (by default not active)
- KSM support
- Extra Settings display option for Ultra brightness, also handled via notification bar icons
- Smooth 2D scrolling in menus
- Native Wifi Hotspot
- Native USB tethering
- Native Bluetooth tethering
What Does not Work?
Screen Captures of CM9 Based ICS ROM
The Prerequisites and steps to install ICS 4.0.4 on Sony Xperia X8 are on Page 2.
Pages: 1 2