There are quite a lot of custom ROMs for Samsung Galaxy Y but the most famous custom ROMs Cyanogenmod and MIUI have not yet been compiled. However these custom ROMs perform really well on Galaxy Y. In this post we will see yet another custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Y which is the ICS Aura ROM. Please note that this is not an Ice Cream Sandwich ROM but a ROM which has ICS icons and a few other ICS tweaks to make your phone similar to running Ice Cream Sandwich. You will not lose any data in this tutorial but if you face force close issues, you need to format data in your phone.
Features of ICS Aura ROM
- Based on DXKL2(testing on DDKK1)
- DSP Manager
- Auto Zipalign at Every Boot
- init.d & Busybox Support
- Sqlite3 added
- sqlite.so & ssqlite_ini.so from ICS
- (Improves Performance)
- Removed Samsung Bloatware
- added miui music player
- miui compass
- miui themed 10 analog clocks
- ics google search widget
- ZEAM launcher
- fast ,sleek ,awesome and sexy
- ICS ANIMATIONS
- ICS STYLED APPS
- SOME BUILD PROP TWEAKS
- AND SOME OTHER TWEAKS
Screen Captures of ICS Aura ROM
Steps to Install
You must have ClockworkMod Recovery Installed for this.
- Download the ROM zip file from here.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB Cable. Make sure you have USB Debugging turned ON.
- Copy the zip file to the root of your SD card and not within any folder.
- Disconnect your phone from the PC and turn it off.
- Reboot into ClockworkMod recovery by pressing Home button + Volume up button and Power button for 20 seconds.
- When you are in recovery mode, select “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card”.
- Now select the zip file you had copied to the root of your SD card in Step 3.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
In this way you can easily install ICS Aura ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below. For updates, check out the development thread.