ICS Aura ROM For Samsung Galaxy Y S5360

There are quite a lot of custom ROMs for Samsung Galaxy Y but the most famous custom ROMs Cyanogenmod and MIUI have not yet been compiled. However these custom ROMs perform really well on Galaxy Y. In this post we will see yet another custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Y which is the ICS Aura ROM. Please note that this is not an Ice Cream Sandwich ROM but a ROM which has ICS icons and a few other ICS tweaks to make your phone similar to running Ice Cream Sandwich. You will not lose any data in this tutorial but if you face force close issues, you need to format data in your phone.

Features of ICS Aura ROM

• Based on DXKL2(testing on DDKK1)
  • De0dexed
  • Zipaligned
  • DSP Manager
  • Auto Zipalign at Every Boot
  • init.d & Busybox Support
  • Sqlite3 added
  • sqlite.so & ssqlite_ini.so from ICS
  • (Improves Performance)
  • Removed Samsung Bloatware
  • added miui music player
  • widget
  • miui compass
  • miui themed 10 analog clocks
  • ics google search widget
  • ZEAM launcher
  • fast ,sleek ,awesome and sexy
  • ICS ANIMATIONS
  • ICS STYLED APPS
  • SOME BUILD PROP TWEAKS
  • AND SOME OTHER TWEAKS

Screen Captures of ICS Aura ROM

Steps to Install

You must have ClockworkMod Recovery Installed for this.

1. Download the ROM zip file from here.
  2. Connect your phone to the PC via USB Cable. Make sure you have USB Debugging turned ON.
  3. Copy the zip file to the root of your SD card and not within any folder.
  4. Disconnect your phone from the PC and turn it off.
  5. Reboot into ClockworkMod recovery by pressing Home button + Volume up button and Power button for 20 seconds.
  6. When you are in recovery mode, select “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card”.
  7. Now select the zip file you had copied to the root of your SD card in Step 3.
  8. Go back and select “Reboot system now”.

In this way you can easily install ICS Aura ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below. For updates, check out the development thread.

Comments

1. Ujjwal says:

Looks good. I may use it 😀

2. Jana says:

I tried it today . 1 st time it got stuck in the Samsung logo. I repeated the process 4 times same problem . And 5th time it got in . Its nice and now I am using it . Thank u developer. I have a problem unlike Sony wen I switch from gsm to wcdma mode in in Samsung it pops up a warning msg and ends the active data connection . except Samsung no other mobile does this . And I read in some post that to solve this problem we have to edit somethin in build.prop in system folder . Does any one know about it . And developer can u help me sort out this problem. Pls reply

3. Jainam Mehta says:

I have read many reference site’s procedure for installation of custom ROM on my galaxy y after my 1st rooting of phone yesterday & finally preferred to go with this site. At first I tried to download creeds ROM but it shows failure error while installing. Then i tried ICS auro v1 & it got installed but after applying Reboot i faced multiple & continuos force closes so i again went in recovery mode and given factory reset & wipe cache data & then reboot, since then my phone was unable to start. It got stuck on samsung logo again & again. I installed ICS many times then but my phone didnt started. Then i flashed my phone officially with samsung ROM from a local shop. Now it is working. Again i have rooted it. But this time give me some proper hint about installation of ICS ROM if it faces force close problem or something else..
    Thanks in advance.

• First, enable USB Debugging, remove all security apps. When you are in recovery mode, make a nandroid backup so that you can restore it if something wrong happens. After that, just wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache. Flash the ROM after this and again wipe everything and then reboot! Hope this helps!

4. Vijay Jain says:

Tried atleast 4 to 5 times but facing FC issues each and everytime. Any solution ??

5. ZAi says:

My phone is restarting. Please help

6. Zai says:

Please help me, after i installed ICS on galaxy y, i encountered a lot of force close apps, i reboot it and wipe it and after that i tried to open it again but i was stack on samsung logo. My phone wasn’t able to open. I tried to installed it again several times, but still, i wasnt able to open my phone. Please help me. Asap thanks.

7. Vijay Jain says:

Tried each n everything.. Nothing works..!!

8. jayson says:

same problem hir my phone stock at samsung logo i tried it many times.. but still nothing happe. i wipe and clear cache and still my phone always restarting and still at the samsung logo

9. tjf926 says:

i installed the rom successfuly but i cant seem to use the keypad, i need to put log in details and i cant open the keypad. help

• When it boots u first, just skip the step to enter login details. After that you will be able to use the keyboard and then you can add your Google account.

10. curra says:

i was able to follow steps 1 to 5. I have a question for step 6 wherein, “When you are in recovery mode, select “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card”.” install zip is not part of the recovery mode option.

help!

11. Prem says:

I installed this on my phone without rooting . it was showing force close then i rooted in recovery mode then i wipe the data and installed again but nor working . only samsung logo is blinking . please help

12. kevin says:

i tried many time bt always…..many apps has problem force to close

13. Kaushal Raval says:

After flashing the Rom u have to do wipe data , wipe cache via CWM recovery …. the boot loop will definitly go and u will b able to flash ur new Rom…..

care should be take while doinf wipe data…. cause u will lose data on internal memry

14. kevin says:

its necessary to download cwm of samsung galaxy mini …before installing ics aura…………..and whats this………http://www.mediafire.com/?76kf2la9c6hp59i

15. kevin says:

this 153mb file is .rar nt a .zip ……then how to install this in galaxy y

16. kevin says:

any update is available in ics aura???

17. naveen says:

when will come ics update for galaxy y

18. bala says:

ICS Aura ROM For Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 is not working….if follow above steps it gets stuck in Samsung logo screen and restart infinitely…..i tried for 10 times with
    different gingerbread firmware version DDLA1,DDLA2,DDLA3……ANY ONE CAN HEPL……..

19. chandu says:

i hve install ICS AURO in galaxy Y.. but it shows force close repeatedly applications. wht can I do now..? please suggest me in this.

20. chandu says:

i tried the Wipe even but it restart continously… wht will do now..?

21. steve says:

THIS IS NOT WORKING MY PHONE IS DEAD!! CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

22. hi for any problem to recover your samsung galaxy y, just add me here in yahoo jheffbaladhay@yahoo.com thanks!

23. standly says:

how long does it take to reboot after installing it? coz it’s stuck on the samsung logo..

24. ally mc jane says:

You need to use ODIN to recover you phone >stacked at samsung logo

And The Latest FIRMWARE

Trackbacks

1. […] ICS Aura Just click on the above ROM ‘s to get more information about them . So, currently there’s no working kernel available for Galaxy Y ICS , but we will update soon , when we’ll get any way to install ICS on Galaxy Y […]