Check out more than 60 custom ROMs for LG Optimus Me P350 on Hack My Android Forums.
LG Optimus Me P350 does not come with any stock recovery. So what could you do to install custom ROMs? You can go ahead with the Custom Recovery. We had earlier posted a tutorial to custom recovery which was later followed up by the easier method. Most of you had hard times with the earlier one. Sometimes it becomes a pain in the ass but you don’t have any other go. In this tutorial we will tell you how to install ClockworkMod Recovery in LG Optimus Me but you may again wonder why do we install Custom Recovery first and then ClockworkMod Recovery. The answer is that you can install ClockworkMod Recovery only using the custom Recovery This would be easy
Why ClockworkMod Recovery Is Preferable Over Stock or Custom Recovery?
That is a genuine question one may ask because you can flash custom ROMs using stock recovery too then why Clockworkmod? The reason is that Clockworkmod Recovery gives some additional options which the stock recovery doesn’t. If you are flashing a custom ROM, you will need to wipe data/factory reset. You would then restore all contacts, sms and apps one by one which becomes tedious. To make it simple, you can boot into CWM recovery and make a nandroid backup. After flashing the ROM, boot into CWM recovery and select backup and restore>advanced restore>restore data and choose the nandroid backup you had made previously. This will restore all the data you had in your device previously including apps, contacts and sms.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible.
You won’t actually lose any data while doing this as it is a simple process but you may need to make a factory reset if you face force close issues. So it would be better if you take a backup of all important data on your device.
- Back up all apps using Titanium Backup since you have already rooted your phone.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone.
Steps to Install ClockworkMod Recovery
- Download ClockworkMod Recovery zip file from here to your PC.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB and copy the zip file to the root of your SD card and not within any folder.
- Boot into Custom Recovery by turning off your phone and pressing Call button + Volume Down Button and Power button simultaneously.
- In Custom Recovery, select “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the zip file you moved to your SD card in Step 2 and flash it.
- Go back and select “Wipe cache partition”.
- After that select “Reboot system now’.
In this way you can easily install ClockworkMod Recovery in LG Optimus Me P350. Thanks for this Ron Gokhle. If you have any issues, feel free to comment below or join our Facebook Group to connect with me and the developers