Samsung Galaxy Y has been seeing a lot of development these days. However, there has been no CyanogenMod or MIUI ROM for Galaxy Y but there are many custom ROMs out there which work really well, have bloatware removed with a cool UI. But the installation of these ROMs is much easier if you have ClockworkMod Recovery installed. We had previously mentioned about installation of Clockworkmod Recovery using ROM Manager but that is not possible anymore and we regret for the inconvenience. Here is a step by step guide to install ClcokworkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Y.
Why Should you Flash ClockworkMod Recovery?
That is a genuine question one may ask because you can flash custom ROMs using stock recovery too then why Clockworkmod? The reason is that Clockworkmod Recovery gives some additional options which the stock recovery doesn’t. If you are flashing a custom ROM, you will need to wipe data/factory reset. You would then restore all contacts, sms and apps one by one which becomes tedious. To make it simple, you can boot into CWM recovery and make a nandroid backup. After flashing the ROM, boot into CWM recovery and select backup and restore>advanced restore>restore data and choose the nandroid backup you had made previously. This will restore all the data you had in your device previously including apps, contacts and sms.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible.
Steps to Install ClockworkMod Recovery
- Download ClockworkMod Recovery zip file from here to your PC.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB Cable. Make sure you have USB Debugging turned ON.
- Copy the zip file to the root of your SD card and not within any folder.
- Disconnect your phone from the PC and turn it off.
- Reboot into recover mode by pressing Home button + Volume up button and Power button for 20 seconds.
- When you are in recovery mode, select “Update from SD Card”.
- Now select the zip file you had copied to the root of your SD card in Step 3.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Now you can boot into ClockworkMod Recovery using the same buttons as that of the stock recovery. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below