Samsung Galaxy W I8150 is the new device which we will be covering on this blog. The first step is obviously rooting the device. In this tutorial we will see how you can root it. There are three methods available out of which we will be mentioning only two as the third one is a tedious tutorial and requires execution of ADB commands. After you root your phone, you can uninstall bloatware like Samsung apps, convert downloaded apps to system apps and also enjoy using apps like Juice Defender and tasker.
Please note that rooting will void the warranty of your device but you can easily unroot it to gain warranty back. The unrooting procedure is also listed at the end.
There are very less chances that you will lose any data on your phone but backup is always advisable.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk.
Root In One Click on Windows
- Make sure you have USB Debugging enabled. Also go to Settings>Applications and check Unknown sources.
- Download the zip file for Widows from here.
- Extract the contents of the zip file to a separate folder on your PC.
- Run the file named runme.bat.
- Your phone will be rooted in 2-3 minutes.
Root Using Recovery Mode
- Download the zip file for recovery mode from here.
- Copy the zip file to the root of your SD card and not within any folder.
- Boot into recovery. To do this, press the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously as shown in the image below.
- When you see the Android with box on your screen, release the Volume Up and Home button and then press the Menu button.
- Navigate using Volume Buttons and select option using Home button in recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select apply sdcard:update.zip and choose the zip file you had copied to your SD card in Step 2.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
The Unrooting Method follows the same procedure The downloads for Unrooting are also on the same downloads page as above.
In these two ways you can easily root Samsung Galaxy W I8150. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below 🙂