This is a guest post by Susan who is a freelance writer for a variety of different websites that deal with reward credit cards, photography, or where to find the best car insurance rates. If she is not busy working she can usually be found reading a book or exercising at the park. If you wish to write one, kindly check out the guidelines to write a guest post.
There are lots of amazing and intuitive apps available now for smartphone users. You can get apps that will help you to get the best car insurance rates, help you find a great restaurant or even locate a specific item at a local store. Whatever you need it seems, there actually is an app for it. If you aren’t sure what you need try focusing on what you do. For example, if you are a blogger and are looking for apps that will help you to improve your blogging efforts in some manner, here are five of the best smartphone apps that you should definitely have in your arsenal:
#1 – Analytics App
This app is a great choice for anyone who runs, markets or optimizes a website or blog. The Analytics App helps you to monitor your Google Analytics account from your smartphone – anytime, anywhere. It is important to know what’s going on with your blog – even if you aren’t monetizing it or marketing it as a part of your business structure. Knowing how much traffic you are getting, where it’s coming from and what it’s doing when it gets there is all part of running a well-built and popular blog. The data this app provides will help you to improve your blog and help meet the needs of your readers, no matter if your blog is about reward credit cards or pink poodles.
- Generates up to 55 analytic reports.
- Displays up to 100 rows of data at a time.
- Secure connection directly to Google keeps your data safe.
- Connect via WiFi, Edge or a strong mobile connection.
Where to Get It: http://www.analyticsapp.com
#2 – Adobe Photoshop Express
Adobe has released an express version of its wildly popular photo editing tool. Edit your photos on your smartphone in a snap and pop them directly into your blog to enhance your posts.
Use It for Your Blog: Images help to enhance blogs in many ways. They add depth, color and really draw the reader’s eye in, making them want to find out more. This app will give you the tools you need to add photos on-the-go, giving you full control over the appearance and readability of your blog.
- Switch to other apps and back without having to re-start.
- Fix your photos fast – crop, rotate, flip, adjust color or use filters and effects.
- Email photos or post directly to Facebook, Twitpic, Photoshop.com or your blog instantly.
- Adobe Camera Pack lets you use an auto timer, auto review and auto adjust to remove noise.
Where to Get It: http://www.photoshop.com/products/mobile/express/ios
#3 – WordPress App
Most bloggers utilize the free and open-source WordPress program to run their blogs. Now you can have all that function and power in the palm of your hand with the WordPress App, which allows you to post, edit and update your blog directly from your smartphone.
Use It for Your Blog: If you use WordPress to power your blog or website, this is a must-have app. The WordPress App gives you the power to do it all from your mobile device, without cutting corners or missing out on the features you use most in your blog posts.
- Write posts and edit pages.
- Upload photos and monitor user comments.
- Support for WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress versions 2.92 and higher.
- Available for iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone 7, Nokia and WebOS.
Where to Get It: http://en.support.wordpress.com/apps/
#4 – ServersMan
How would you like to turn your iPhone or iPad into a fully functional WebDAV web server? ServersMan gives you the power to upload or download, sharing just about everything with just about everyone all from one easy-to-use and powerful app.
Use It for Your Blog: ServersMan will give you the power to do everything you need to do to update and edit your blog or website. Great for bloggers on the go!
- Can run in the background to be a true Cloud Server in your pocket.
- Access and exchange files with your home PC that is also running ServersMan.
- Air Play and Air Print compliant, allowing you to stream or print data instantly.
- Includes a Server Cache Function that responds when ServersMan is offline.
Where to Get It: http://serversman.com/promo/promo_ip_en.html
#5 – Evernote
A great blog idea is only a few clicks away, but sometimes you don’t have time to jot it all down. Evernote helps you to write down all of your great ideas, save them and then search them for use at a later date.
Use It for Your Blog: Evernote is an excellent tool that will help you to gather information, photos and other types of files to use in your blog posts. This app is very handy for people who are very organized as well as for people who need help with their organizational skills.
- Create text notes and attach files from your mobile device.
- Create snapshots and record voice memos to review later or use in your blogs.
- Post directly to Facebook, WordPress or other blogging apps.
- Available for use with iPhone, Android, Windows Phone 7, Blackberry, Palm Pre and desktop for Windows and Mac OS X.
Where to Get It: http://www.evernote.com/about/download/
Tools You Can Use
There are a lot of amazing tools available for today’s blogger that can be used to enhance your blog or just make it easier to keep things updated and current. Whatever your blogging needs you can be rest assured, someone will create an app for your smartphone that will help you to do it better.