Though we will not wipe any data, it is better to have a backup.
- Back up all apps using Titanium Backup since you have already rooted your phone.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup Call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk.
Steps to Install Arc XP ROM
- Download Arc XP ROM zip file and WiFi fix zip file.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB and copy the zip files to the root of your SD card and not within any folder.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery by turning off your phone and pressing Call button + Volume Down Button and Power button simultaneously.
- In ClockworkMod Recovery, select “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM zip file and flash it.
- Do the same for the WiFi fix.
- Go back and select “Wipe cache partition”.
- After that select “Reboot system now’.
Your phone must be running Arc XP ROM after this. If you face force close issues or stuck at Penguin, wipe cache partition again from recovery. For more issues feel free to comment below.
This ROM has been compiled by Ron Gokhle and the WiFi fix has been provided by Venkat Kamesh. Join our group on Facebook to get in touch with us 🙂