Samsung Galaxy Nexus is the most popular phone by Android and this phone brought revolution to Android smart phones and since then Samsung brought many phones but Galaxy Nexus made its own mark and still doing very well. Recently we soptted ICS 4.0.4 for Samsung Galaxy Nexus which is known as the Dark Side ROM and without wasting time we installed this on our device and we were surprised to see the ICS 4.0.4 for Galaxy Nexus. There is another ICS 4.0.4 for Galaxy Nexus S and this said to be the fastest ROM available in ICS 4.0.4 category. This ROM was first spotted in XDA and known as Dark knight ROM based on ICS 4.0.4. So let us not waste time and move on to the procedure of installing Android ICS 4.0.4.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk.
What works in ICS 4.0.4 ROM
We checked this ROM and everything seems to be working fine and there are no bugs found when we looked in to the comments in the forum post.
Download the ROM file from here
Also make sure USB debugging is enabled for this and you may doing this by referring to below image,
- Now to install ICS 4.0.4 on Galaxy Nexus you need to first backup all your applications using ASTRO File Manager. If you have rooted your Samsung Galaxy Nexus, you can use Titanium Backup for the same.
- Disable Anti virus and other security apps
- Minimum 50% charge on device.
Steps to Install ICS 4.0.4 Dark Side ROM
- Download ICS 4.0.4 ROM from above and connect your Galaxy Nexus S to your computer via USB cable which was given to you with the phone.
- Copy both the files to the root of your SD card. Root of the SD card implies that you should have the zip files in the memory card itself and not within any folder.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press the Volume Up button + Home Button + Power button together until you enter the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, use the volume buttons to navigate and power button to select.
- Important: Make a nandroid backup by going to backup and restore>nandroid backup>perform backup. With this, you can restore your phone to the previous firmware easily.
- Go back and select Wipe>Wipe all data/factory reset.
- Go back and select Install zip from SD card>Choose zip from SD card and choose the ROM zip file and flash it.
- Repeat the above step and flash Gapps zip file.
- Go back and select Reboot system now.