This is a guest post by Charles Mburugu. If you wish to write one, kindly check out the guidelines to write a guest post.
Reciprocal links can be a great source of traffic for your blog. Once you have identified sites you wish to exchange links with, how do you go about convincing them to link to your site? What should you tell the webmaster by phone or email that will enhance the possibility of them linking their website to yours?
1. First, make sure every email sent to the webmaster is personalized. This means visiting his website, taking note of significant details, and finding the correct name and email address of the webmaster. This will show that you are serious about reciprocal linking and that you value a link with them. Personalized emails have been a vital factor in getting reciprocal links for my blog which promotes webhostingpad coupons and register.com discounts.
2. Many desktop email programs and online email accounts are fitted with advanced spam filters. Therefore, if an email isn’t addressed directly to any specific person, it gets deleted automatically. Therefore, to increase the chances of your emails getting to the inbox, you need to personalize them and send them out one by one. In addition, webmasters are being spammed constantly. As a result, they often ignore messages which are suspected to be spam. Having their website name or personal name in the subject field will protect your email from being dismissed as spam. By personalizing your emails, you will get a much better response from webmasters.
Many webmasters, especially in high traffic websites, are wary of people trying to get free things from them. How can you allay their fears and convince them that they are getting a fair deal?
3. One great tactic is to put a link to their site first. You should do this even before writing them an email. This will make you appear genuine and they will believe that you actually value their site. If they see from their logs that they are receiving traffic from your site, they will want to maintain this by linking to you. You might want to mention why you think their site is great. This will flatter them and enhance your chances of getting them to offer a return link.
4. In the main body of your email, introduce yourself and give the address of your site. Explain briefly about what products and services you offer in it. Tell the webmaster why you find their site useful and which sections were of particular interest to you. Remember to mention the URL of the particular website you are talking about since many webmasters have several sites.
5. Let the webmaster know that you have put a link to their site on your page already. Most webmasters will feel obliged to return the favor to you. Make sure you give a link to the specific page where they will find their link.
6. You should then request the webmaster to add your website to their resources or links page. Let them know how linking to you will benefit their visitors. Show the webmaster specific areas or articles in your website which would interest his visitors.
7. Finally, thank them for their time and say that you look forward to hearing from them soon. Remember to leave your phone number and email address.
Charles Mburugu writes regularly about social networks and internet marketing. He also blogs about coupon deals at discount blogs that share webhostingpad discounts and register.com coupons. He is currently writing for a coupon site that offers webhostingpad special code and register.com referral code.