The Sony Xperia X10 Mini is a very popular device in demand. Xperia X10 Mini comes with a 600 MHz ARM 11 CPU, 240 x 320 pixels capacitive TFT screen, 5 MP autofocus camera and other goodies. While the Xperia X8 received it’s Ice Cream Sandwich ROM a few days back, XDA Senior Member paul-xxx has announced the availability of CM9 port for the Sony Xperia X10 Mini too. The ROM is pretty stable and there are very less non-working features. This tutorial explains how you can swiftly install CyanogenMod9 on your Xperia X10 Mini without any bummers. Make sure you follow the steps very prudently and have a proper backup of all the important data you need. If you find yourself stuck in a conundrum, feel free to comment below.
- and more
What’s not working
- DHCP in WiFi (Info : How to use WiFi without DHCP)
- Hardware/Software video decoder
- FM Radio (No app for radio)
Screen Capture of CyanogenMod9
- Before you install any ROM on your phone, it is always advisable to take a back up of your phone’s data. Backing up your contacts is easy and you can back up all your contacts to your phone’s SD Card.
- To back up your applications, I recommend you to use ASTRO File Manager which also allows cloud storage.
- Make sure you have enough battery on your device to support the installation. If the device powers off due to lack of battery power, it may brick the device
- Your phone needs to be rooted first
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk.
Steps To Install Ice Cream Sandwich
- Download the ROM package from here
- Connect your device to computer using USB in Mass storage mode and simply copy-paste the file into the SD card.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. If you don’t know how to do so, just open ROM Manager and press “Reboot to Recovery”.
- Once you’re in, select wipe data/factory reset. Then, in advanced, select wipe Dalvik cache as well as wipe cache.
- After that, Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > Select the ZIP file and wait for it to install (When installing the zip, the bar will stop, don’t freak out. Just wait a few minutes)
- After installation is complete, Go back to the main menu and select reboot system now
- That’s it. You now have CyanogenMod9 on your Sony Xperia X10 Mini!
If you face any issues, feel free to comment below and we’ll try our best to help you resolve your problem