Micromax A60 is an entry-level budget Android handset from Micromax for those who love the Android Ecosystem and want to try it out without shelling out a fortune. The A60 isn’t much popular in the developer community but thanks to XDA Member superkid, The A60 now has it’s very first Android 2.3 custom ROM which is based on MIUI, A very popular custom ROM for Android devices. This tutorial explains how you can swiftly install MIUI ROM without any bummers. Make sure you follow the steps very prudently and have a proper backup of all the important data you need. If you find yourself stuck in a conundrum, feel free to comment below. To install MIUI on Micromax A60, you first need to install Custom Recovery.
- Based on MIUI
- Android 2.3
Screen Capture of the MIUI ROM
- Before you install any ROM on your phone, it is always advisable to take a back up of your phone’s data. Backing up your contacts is easy and you can back up all your contacts to your phone’s SD Card.
- To back up your applications, I recommend you to use ASTRO File Manager which also allows cloud storage.
- Make sure you have enough battery on your device to support the installation. If the device powers off due to lack of battery power, it may brick the device
- Your phone needs to be rooted first
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk.
Steps To Install MIUI ROM
- Download the ROM package from here
- Connect your device to computer using USB in Mass storage mode and simply copy-paste the file into the SD card.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. If you don’t know how to do so, just open ROM Manager and press “Reboot to Recovery”. If you don’t have ROM Manager installed, you can enter Recovery by pressing and holding the “Home” button and then pressing the “Power” button until you see the recovery screen
- Once you’re in, select wipe data/factory reset. Then, in advanced, select wipe Dalvik cache as well as wipe cache.
- After that, Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > Select the ZIP file you have copied to the SD card and wait for it to install (When installing the zip, the bar will stop, don’t freak out. Just wait a few minutes)
- After installation is complete, Go back to the main menu and select reboot system now
- That’s it. You now have MIUI on your Micromax A60!