Operating System OTA updates do not work on rooted devices with custom ROMs on them as ROM developers removes the functionality or disables it. The only way by which you can install an OTA update is by going back to the stock state, which is time consuming. MrNago, from the XDA-Developer community, has released a stock yet rooted Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for TF101 which is flashable via CWM recovery and it doesn’t require you to go back to the stock state. This tutorial explains how you can swiftly install the rooted stock ICS ROM on your Eee Pad Transformer without any bummers. Make sure you follow the steps very prudently. If you find yourself stuck in a conundrum, feel free to comment below.
What works and what doesn’t work:
The developer has stated that this is a stock ROM, though rooted, so everything just works. Incase you find any bugs, please let us know in the comments section below.
- Before you install any ROM on your phone, it is always advisable to take a back up of your phone’s data. Backing up your contacts is easy and you can back up all your contacts to your phone’s SD Card.
- To back up your applications, I recommend you to use ASTRO File Manager which also allows cloud storage.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk.
Steps To Install Stock ICS ROM on Eee Pad Transformer
- Download the ROM package from here (312.5MBs)
- Connect your device to computer using USB in Mass storage mode and simply copy-paste the file into the SD card.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. If you don’t know how to do so, just open ROM Manager and press “Reboot to Recovery”
- Once you’re in, select wipe data/factory reset. Then, in advanced, select wipe Dalvik cache as well as wipe cache.
- After that, Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > Select the ZIP file and wait for it to install (When installing the zip, the bar will stop, don’t freak out. Just wait a few minutes)
- After installation is complete, Go back to the main menu and select reboot system now
- That’s it. You now have the rooted stock Ice Cream Sandwich ROM on your Eee Pad Transformer!
If you face any issues, feel free to comment below and we’ll try our best to help you resolve your problem