Asus Transformer Prime, which is indubitably the most versatile and featured packed tablet available today, just got it’s first Custom ROM, thanks to the hardwork of XDA Recognized Developer Diamondback and the rest of the Virtuous ROM team. This is a pretty much a stock build of Ice Cream Sandwich aka Android 4.0.3 with some tweaks and optimization’s by the Virtuous Team, like full de-bloat, deodex, zipalign, root, overclocking but the developers have promised that more goodies will be added with time. This tutorial explains how you can swiftly install Virtuous Prime Custom ROM on your ASUS Transformer Prime without any bummers. Make sure you follow the steps very prudently. If you find yourself stuck in a conundrum, feel free to comment below.
What works and what doesn’t work
The developer has stated that the ROM is based on stock ROM so everything just works. Incase you find any bugs, please let us know in the comments section below.
Screen Captures of Virtuous Prime Custom ROM
- Before you install any ROM on your phone, it is always advisable to take a back up of your phone’s data. Backing up your contacts is easy and you can back up all your contacts to your phone’s SD Card.
- To back up your applications, I recommend you to use ASTRO File Manager which also allows cloud storage.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk.
Steps To Install Virtuous Prime Custom ROM
- Download the ROM package from here
- Connect your device to computer using USB in Mass storage mode and simply copy-paste the file into the SD card.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. If you don’t know how to do so, just open ROM Manager and press “Reboot to Recovery”. Alternatively, you can hold both the Power-button and the Volume-down button until the splash screen appears and some white text in the left top corner is visible.
- Once you’re in, select wipe data/factory reset. Then, in advanced, select wipe Dalvik cache as well as wipe cache.
- After that, Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > Select the ZIP file and wait for it to install (When installing the zip, the bar will stop, don’t freak out. Just wait a few minutes)
- After installation is complete, Go back to the main menu and select reboot system now
- That’s it. You now have Virtuous Prime custom ROM on your Asus Transformer Prime!
If you face any issues, feel free to comment below and we’ll try our best to help you resolve your problem 🙂