HTC One X is a quad core phone from HTC, which is scheduled to release on March 30. We know many of you will be buying one and some of you may want to root your phone afterwards. If you’re one of them then don’t worry, XDA Forum Member paulobrien has released a Superboot root tool for rooting the HTC One X. This tutorial explains how you can swiftly root your HTC One X without any bummers. Make sure you follow the steps very prudently and have a proper backup of all the important data you need. If you find yourself stuck in a conundrum, feel free to comment below.
The HTC One X packs a 1.5 Ghz Tegra 3 quad core processor, 1GB of RAM, 720 x 1280 pixels 4.7 inches gorilla glass screen, 8MP rear camera with LED flash, 1.3MP front camera with 720p recording, 32GB internal memory and Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
- Before you root any device, it is always advisable to take a back up of your device’s data. Backing up your contacts is easy and you can back up all your contacts to your device’s SD Card.
- To back up your applications, I recommend you to use ASTRO File Manager which also allows cloud storage.
- Make sure your device’s battery life has a minimum of 60% charge.
- Enable USB Debugging. To do this, go to Settings>Applications>Development and make sure USB Debugging is checked.
- Android SDK with ADB Drivers Installed
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk. Also note, rooting your tablet will void your warranty.
Steps to Root
- First of all, download the Superboot ZIP file from here
- Put your device in bootloader mode – Turn off the phone then turn on with the ‘volume down’ button pressed to enter the bootloader
- Extract the contents of the ZIP file into an empty folder
- If you’re on Windows – double click ‘install-superboot-windows.bat‘ file
- If you’re on Mac – Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type ‘chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh‘ followed by ‘./install-superboot-mac.sh‘
- If you are on Linux – Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type ‘chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh‘ followed by ‘./install-superboot-linux.sh‘
- Wait for the root procedure to complete
- That’s it, you’ve successfully rooted your HTC One X!
If you find yourself stuck in a problem, comment below 🙂
Tip: Download officesuite pro android app from play shop apps.