Rooting a device isn’t that hard as most people say but rooting a device which has just been launch or which is very obscure can be a bit daunting. In our case, it’s the Nextbook Premium 7 tablet but fortunately, XDA Forum Member Dochoppy has provided us with a root method for the tablet. This tutorial explains how you can swiftly root your Nextbook Premium 7 tablet the easy way. Make sure you follow the steps very prudently. If you find yourself stuck in a conundrum, feel free to comment below.
This tablet sports a bright, crystal clear capacitive 7-inch touch-screen and runs Android 2.3 OS. It has built-in WiFi, a speedy 1GHz processor for all your gaming and day-to-day needs, 4GB of built-in flash memory for storage of your media and docs, SD/MMC card slot for up to 32 GB incase you need some extra space, Graviational sensor, Mini 2.0 USB and Flash 10.1.
- Before you root any tablet, it is always advisable to take a back up of your tablet’s data. Backing up your contacts is easy and you can back up all your contacts to your tablet’s SD Card.
- To back up your applications, I recommend you to use ASTRO File Manager which also allows cloud storage.
- Make sure your tablet’s batter has a minimum of 60% charge.
- Enable USB Debugging. To do this, go to Settings>Applications>Development and make sure USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk. Also note, rooting your tablet will void your warranty.
Steps to Root Nextbook Premium 7 tablet
- First of all, Download the package from here
- Extract the contents of the file to any empty folder
- Connect your tablet to your PC via USB cable. Turn your tablet over and with a safety pin or something of similar size, press and hold the reset button for 2 to 3 seconds
- Run the RK29update.exe file present inside the folder you extracted the contents to
- Select your ROM files via the boxes containing the “….” and navigate to the correct directory for the ROM you want to install
- Insert each file in order according to the update tool
- Clear IDB
- After the Tool says OK, Select Run. This will begin to load the ROM onto your tablet. It will go through loading and then checking the ROM install
- After the ROM loads and the tool comes back with an OK, patiently wait for the tablet to reboot. If the tablet is still connected to the PC via USB when the ROM boots it will show the screen allowing you to select whether or not to turn on USB storage. Press the home key and you will be given a choice of Golauncher or Rklauncher. Select whichever you wish
- That’s it! You’ve successfully rooted your Nextbook Premium 7 tablet.
If you face any problems, let us know in the comment section below 🙂