Samsung Galaxy S can be now updated to ICS Build 17 Firmware. In the previous Build 16, there were many bugs related to FM Radio and Camera according to the report. In the below article, we will be providing you with a detailed tutorial to install ICS on Samsung Galaxy S including Prerequisites and installation process.
But before getting on with the tutorial, we must warn you that we are not responsible for any damage or injury caused to the mobile. Also, strictly follow the instructions as given below to avoid any difficult circumstances.
Note: When a device is rooted, it voids its warranty. The only way to reclaim the warranty is unrooting it or flashing the stock ROM.
There are some things that you need to do before you get on to the installation process. It wont take much time and will help a lot to make the installation process easy.
- Backup all the data, so that it doesn’t gets corrupted or lost. To backup SMS use SMS Backup & Restore app, for contacts you need to Sync it with the Gmail application, Notes can be backup-ed by manually saving the notes as they will get erased during the installation process. To backup Call Log, backup them and restores them after installing ICS build 17. Copy Images, Songs, Videos, FilesImages, Songs, Videos, Files to internal / External SD Card and APN and MMS Settings can be packed by going to “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Run the device on USB Debugging Mode. This can be done by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and tick the checkbox.
- Battery should be charged at least 60% so that the mobile phone doesn’t get shut down in between.
- Disable all the security apps so that is wont disturbs the installation process in between.
Steps to Install ICS
- Download Build 17 Firmware Package, Google Apps, and Google Apps Fixer to your PC. After downloading all three, connect your mobile to PC via USB cable and copy the files to your mobile phone SD Card.
- Remove the USB cable and Turn Off your mobile phone. Reboot the phone and enter the device in Recovery mode by pressing Volume Up key+ Menu Key + Power ON”. After entering in the recovery mode, clear your phone cache by selecting “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Now select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” > Build 17 Firmware Package. After you flash the Firmware package, do the same for Google Apps and Google Apps Fixer Package in order.
- Once the firmware is updated, the mobile will restart or will land to the recovery mode. If the mobile lands on to recovery mode page, select “++++ Go Back ++++” and press Power button and choose “Reboot system now”.
- Once you can see the home page, insert the battery again after turning off the mobile. Start your device gain in the recovery mode. Select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” and clear the cache of phone. After clearing the cache, select “++++ Go Back ++++” and select “reboot system now” and now you can enjoy the new Update!
About the Author
Shubham Gupta is a blogger who blogs about Windows,Technology and Android Rooting.