I hope you might be knowing that HTC Desire has not got any official update for ICS but you can still have a fully functional ICS ROM for your HTC Desire. The ROM has been developed by XDA member Sandvoid. This has been possible because the source code of ICS is publicly available. Many thanks to him for developing this ROM. This ROM may have some kinks which are not really important if you want to experience Ice Cream Sandwich on your HTC Desire. Follow the tutorial below to install ICS on your device. If you face any issues, the comment box below if just for you 😉
Disclaimer:This tutorial is only for educational purpose and BlogoTech is not responsibel for any damage that might be caused to your phone though the tutorial below has been tested and proved successful. Try this at your own risk.
A few functions which might not be available after you install this ROM on HTC Desire are the camera and USB Tethering. If you would like to use ICS without these two features, continue reading.
Make sure you have these:
- Rooted HTC Desire phone. If you have not rooted your phone, check Root Almost All HTC Devices With HTC Super Tool
- ClockWorkMod installed
- ICS Beta 0.1.1 for HTC Desire
Kindly take a back up of your phone’s data before you proceed. You can make use of ASTRO File manager to back up all of your applications. Also back up all of your contacts to your SD Card.
- Download the ROM
- Copy the zip file to the root of your SD Card.
- Boot your phone into recovery mode. To do this, simply turn off your phone and hold the volume down button along with the power button. Navigate using the volume buttons and select choices by pressing the trackpad button.
- Make a Nandroid backup while in recovery mode.
- By using the volume buttons select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset.”
- Select “Wipe Cache.”
- Select “Wipe Dalvik Cache.”
- Now, move over to the option “Install Zip from SDCard.”
- Select the downloaded file in the root of your SD Card.
- Once the ROM is flashed, reboot your device and experience ICS on HTC Desire 😉
As I already mentioned, the camera does not work but you can expect an update soon. Join our mailing list to stay updated with this topic!