Not long back did I write about how to install Ice Cream Sandwich on HTC Sensation, but the previous post was the Extreme Sensation ROM. Yes, it works great as mentioned by the developer. However, this ROM is a pure Android 4.0.3–minus HTC’s custom user interface. This ROM has been dubbed as the Virtuous Quattro ROM. It has been compiled directly from the AOSP code and hence, the pure Ice Cream Sandwich. This tutorial explains how to install ICS. Make sure you follow all steps with care!
Before we proceed with the update, lets see what works and what doesn’t on the Virtuous Quattro ROM.
Features of Virtuous Quattro Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for HTC Sensation
- Live Wallpapers
- Boots without any problems
- 2G/3G Radios
- Facebook contact sync
- Touchscreen and keys
- SD card
- All Sensors
- Advance power menu
- Android Market
- 3D Accelerator
- 3D games
- Video Playback
What does not Work?
This ROM is in alpha 3 stage and hence the following does not work:
- Backup all your applications using ASTRO File Manager. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup for the same.
- Back up all contacts to SD Card.
- Disable Anti virus and other security apps as they might interfere in the updating process.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk.
Steps to Install
- Download Virtuous Quattro Alpha 3 ROM
- Copy the downloaded file to the root of your SD Card (for convenience)
- Turn off your phone and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press the Volume Down buton+ Power button. Highlight “bootloader” using Volume Keys and select it using the Power button. In the next screen select “Recovery” in the same way.
- Backup your Current ROM. To do this, select “Backup and Restore>Backup”
- Wipe data from your phone. To do this, select “Wipe data/factory reset”, “Wipe Cache Partition”. Go to “Advanced Settings” and select “Wipe Dalvik cache”.
- After this, select “Install zip from sdcard”.
- After this, choose the option “Choose ZIP from sdcard” and choose the file you downloaded in Step 1.
- Confirm it and flash the ROM.
- Now, go back and select “Reboot system now”
What do you think about the Virtuous Quattro ROM?