If you are on v20N firmware and wish to root LG Optimus Black, please check this.
The tutorial to root LG Optimus Black would be a little tough if you have the v20N firmware. Many of you had tried rooting it with Superoneclick or Unlock Root but nothing seems to work. After some users reported this in the comments on a previous post, I decided to post a tutorial to root this device and make it available for everyone else 🙂 I do not guarantee it’s working as I don’t own this device. However, after a day of research, this is what I could suggest you. If this method does not work, you can comment below with the error you get and I will suggest you some alternative tools. Also, if you manage to root your phone, please comment below not to thank me but for others who will be reading this. Logical discussions can lead to success 😀
- Backup all your applications using ASTRO File Manager.
- Back up all contacts to SD Card.
- Disable Anti virus and other security apps
- Enable USB Debugging by Settings>Applications>Development and ensure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk. Rooting your device also voids your warranty.
Steps to Root
- Download all the necessary files from here. You will need UPK to root your device, The other tools would also prove supportive if this method does not work.
- Connect your phone to the PC via the USB Cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. To enable, go to Settings>Applications>Development and ensure that USB Debugging is checked.
- Launch BlackJack. It might not run if you have any anti virus enabled. So kindly disable the same to proceed.
- Your phone must reboot on success.
- If this does not work, you can install Gingerbreak from UPK and run it on your phone or download Gingerbreak from here. You would need Gingerbreak if you are on the 10B firmware.
In this way you can root your phone. If this works, let me know in the comments and I will post a tutorial to install ClockWorkmod Recovery on LG Optimus Black P970 and then installing CyanogenMod ROM on the same 🙂