LG Optimus S LS670 is the cheapest Android phone from Sprint ID and has been out for sometime now. It runs on Android 2.2 and it runs quit smooth on the 600 MHz processor. This makes it a good one among its competitors in the same range. If you ave seen Sprint ID phones, you would know that it comes with a lot of bloatware preinstalled. You may wish to uninstall it and get some space freed up. For that, you need to root the device. This tutorial tells you how to root your phone. Make sure you follow all the steps carefully.
- Backup all your applications using ASTRO File Manager.
- Back up all contacts to SD Card.
- Disable Anti virus and other security apps
- Enable USB Debugging by Settings>Applications>Development and ensure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk.
- .NET Framework Download
- Visual C++ 2008 Redistribute Package Download
- USB Divers installed Download
- Preferably a fully charged battery.
Steps to Root
- Download the rooting application.
- Unzip the package to a folder in your PC with password “blogotechblog.com”
- Having USB Debugging enabled, connect your device to the PC.
- Open Gingersnap.exe. Make sure you run it as an administrator.
- Click on Root button to root LG Optimus S LS670.
- If you wish to unroot, simply click on the Unroot button.
In this way you can easily root your phone. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below. What do you wish to do after rooting your LG Optimus S?