We have already seen how to root HTC Vivid which was quite simple if you follow all the steps properly. But rooting is just the first step in the development of any Android phone. There is a long way to go after rooting which includes installing ClockworkMod Recovery, unlocking bootloader, custom ROMs and custom Kernels. In this tutorial I will tell you how to install ClockworkMod Recovery in HTC Vivid and also how to unlock its bootloader. This process also includes flashing kernels.
Installation of CWM Recovery on HTC Vivid can be done using a single tool known as the HTC Vivid All-In-One Toolkit developed by HTC senior member hasoon2000. Please note that this phone will also unlock bootloader of HTC Vivid, hence making it all set for installation of custom ROMs.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk.
Features of HTC Vivid All-In-One Toolkit
- Unlock Bootloader (Must place Unlock_code.bin in the folder)
- Relock Bootloader
- Install Recoveries|
- Kernels Provided: Stock Vivid Kernel and Holicakes OC Kernel
- Get Token ID
- CIQ Removal
Steps to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on HTC Vivid
Installing Custom Recovery on HTC Vivid is quite easy with this tool.
- Install HTC Drivers.
- Connect your phone to the Computer having USB Debugging enabled. To enable it, go to Settings>Applications>Development and make sure USB Debugging is checked.
- Download HTC Vivid All-In-One Toolkit v1.2
- Just run Vivid V1.2
- Do not rename any folder as it would result in hindrance
- To install ClockworkMod Recovery, just click on the appropriate button.
- Do the same for Unlocking bootloader. There are a few more options available which you can try out 😉