HTC phones don’t really come with a lot of internal memory and you may like to remove some system apps which you would not use. These system apps can be uninstalled only if you have Titanium Backup on your phone and this application requires root access. So before you remove the system apps you need to root HTC Sensation. If you had already rooted your phone, the root access would be denied after you updated your phone to the official Ice Cream Sandwich. This tutorial will tell you how to root HTC Sensation and HTC Sensation XE after ICS update.
Please note that before you do this, you need to install ClockworkMod Recovery. And to install custom recovery you need to unlock the bootloader which can be done with the step by step guide provided by htcdev.com
There are very less chances that you will lose any data on your phone but backup is always advisable.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk.
Steps to Root HTC Sensation on ICS
- Download Superuser-3.0.7-d-signed.zip from here.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB and copy the downloaded zip file to the root of your SD card and not within any folder.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery and go to “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card”.
- Select the zip file you had copied to your SD card in Step 2.
- Confirm it in the next screen and flash it.
- Sometimes flashing once may not root your phone and you may need to repeat it 2-3 times.
In this way you can easily root HTC Sensation and HTC Sensation XE easily. If you face any issues, refer the original development thread.