Samsung Exhibit 4G is an Android phone for people who wish to enjoy 4G speed but can not pay much. I don’t like its design but it is good if you wish to use 4G. In this tutorial we will tell you how to root this android phone in an easy way. After rooting it, you can use various applications which require root access like Juice Defender or Titanium Backup. You can remove bloatware and free up some space on your phone.
- Before you install any ROM on your device, it is always advisable to take a back up of your tablet’s data. Backing up your contacts is easy and you can back up all your contacts to your tablet’s SD Card.
- To back up your applications, I recommend you to use ASTRO File Manager which also allows cloud storage.
- Make sure you have enough battery on your device to support the installation. If the device powers off due to lack of battery power, it may brick the device.
- Enable USB Debugging. To do this, go to Settings>Applications>Development and ensure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk.
Steps to Root
- Download the rooting package.
- Extract the contents of the downloaded zip file to a separate folder in your PC.
- Having USB Debugging Enabled, connect your device to the computer using USB Cable.
- From the downloaded files, run the runme.bat file to root your phone. The script will root your phone within few minutes.
- Your phone will reboot on success. To confirm that you have rooted your device, check for the superuser application in your phone.
Install ClockworkMod Recovery
ClockworkMod Recovery helps you flash custom ROMs to your android device. Let us see how to install CWM Recovery on Samsung Exhibit 4G T679. Please note that you need to have Android SDK and platform tools installed on your computer as this method uses ADB commands.
- Download the Recovery Image file.
- Open Command prompt in the location of the folder named “Files”. To do this you can either type cd followed by the path to the “Files” folder or you can Shift+Right click on Files folder and select Open Command Prompt here.
- Type the following commands in the Command Prompt window:
adb shell su dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 reboot recovery
- Your device will now boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
If you face any issues, feel free to comment below or refer the development thread.