Root Using Fastboot
- Download CF-Root Kernel. For YAKJU build number, click here to download and for MYSID build number, click here to download.
- Extract the ZIP file. The extracted file will be a .tar file
- Extract the .tar file again using Winrar and you will get a file called boot.img
- Copy this file (boot.img) into the Android SDK directory where fastboot.exe is found. Fastboot is usually found in /tools or /platform-tools folder
- Open Command Prompt and switch to the directory where fastboot.exe is present. You can do this by typing
cd [full path to directory]
- Reboot Galaxy Nexus into fastboot mode. You can do this by turning off your device and then pressing Volume Up + Volume Down keys and then pressing the power button.
- Connect our device to the PC via USB Cable.
- If your phone is not yet OEM-unlocked, you need to unlock it. You can do this by entering the following command in the Command prompt window:
fastboot oem unlock
- Now you need to flash the kerner using the boot.img file. To do this, type the following command in the command prompt window:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Reboot the device by pressing the power button.
Your device is now rooted. So, were you able to root your device? Which method did you use?
Pages: 1 2