The Lite’ning ROM for Samsung Galaxy S2 is one of the most stable and fastest ROM which runs on Android 2.3.4 XXKH3 Firmware. The XXKH3 is the official Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S2. Please note that this ROM is a custom ROM but it runs on the official firmware and hence stable unlike the Ice Cream Sandwich ROMs for Samsung Galaxy S2. In this tutorial we will tell you how to install this custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2. Make sure you have proper backup of all the important data before you proceed with the installation. Also, this ROM can be flashed only on Samsung Galaxy S2 Gt-I9100 and not on any other variant of Samsung Galaxy S2.
Features of Lite’ning ROM for Samsung Galaxy S2
- Fast and stable SGS II Gingerbread 2.3.4 ROM
- Based on official XXKH3 Firmware
- Blue themed
- Battery percentage
- CRT Screen-Off Animation
- Overscroll glow
- Better optimised apk’s, framework for more speed and free mem.
- GTalk with Video
- better camera
- fixed laggy browser
- Memory tweak
- Kernel tweaks
- SD card read tweak
- Root + Busybox
Backup all your applications using ASTRO File Manager. If you have rooted your Samsung Galaxy S2, you can use Titanium Backup for the same.
- Back up all contacts to SD Card.
- Make sure you have KIES installed.
- Disable Anti virus and other security apps
- Enable USB Debugging by Settings>Applications>Development and ensure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk.
Steps to Install Lite’ning ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2
Once you make sure you have backed up all apps and data on your phone, you can proceed with the steps to install XXKH3 on Samsung Galaxy S2.
- Download Lite’ning ROM for Samsung Galaxy S2.
- Extract the files to a separate folder in your PC.
- Download Odin if you don’t have it.
- Enable USB Debugging.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot your phone into Download Mode. To do this, press the Volume Down button and Center button. While you press both, simultaneously pres the power button and your phone will enter into download mode.
- Open Odin.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB. When you do this the ID:Com section on Odin must turn yellow. If it doesn’t don’t proceed to the next step.
- In Odin, Press the “PDA” button, and select the md5 file.|
- Also make sure you have checked Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time in Odin.
- Click on Start and the ROM will be flashed to your Samsung Galaxy S2.
In this way you can install XXKH3 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 and make Samsung Galaxy S2 Faster.