Here is yet another Custom ROM based on Ice Cream Sandwich XXLP1 firmware for Samsung Galaxy Note. This ROM has been dubbed as MIDNOTE and has been developed by maxicet of XDA forums. Thanks to him for developing this custom ROM. If you have installed the XXLP1 ICS firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note and expected a few more tweaks and features in it, this ROM is for you to flash on your Note. It comes pre-rooted, ClockWorkMod Recovery installed and a few other Chinese Elements which you would have possibly missed in the XXLP1 firmware.
ALSO READ: HOW TO Install MIUI on Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Rooted Samsung Galaxy Note
- Back up all applications using Titanium Backup
- Back up all contacts to SD Card.
- Make sure you have CWM Recovery installed
- Disable Anti virus and other security apps
- Enable USB Debugging by Settings>Applications>Development and ensure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk.
Steps to Install MIDNOTE ICS Based ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note
- Download the following files:
MIDNOTE ROM – Direct Download | Torrent Download
Abyss 3.9 kernel
- Connect your phone to the Computer via USB cable in mass storage mode and copy the downloaded ROM zip files to the root of your SD card. By root of your SD card, I mean the SD card itself and not within any folder. This makes it easy for you to search for the files when in recovery mode.
- Enable USB Debugging. To do this, go to Settings>Applications>Development and make sure USB Debugging is checked.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press Volume Up + OK Button + Power button.
- Important: Make a Nandroid backup so that you can revert back to the current firmware if you are not satisfied with MIUI on Samsung Galaxy Note.
- In CWM Recovery, select Install zip from SD card>Choose zip from SD card and flash the Kernel you moved to your SD card in Step 2
- Select Reboot Recovery and your Note will reboot into Recovery again.
- Do a full wipe by selecting Mount and Storage then wipe the following:
- Format System
- Format Data
- Format Cache
- Go back to main menu and select advance then wipe dalvik-cache.
- Go back and select install zip from SD card>Choose zip from SD card.
- Now select the ROM file and flash it. Do the same for Gapps also.
- Go back and select Reboot system now.
For updates and issues, check this thread on XDA.