The AreaROM for Samsung Galaxy Precedent is a stable Gingerbread ROM. However what can beat CyanogenMod? CyanogenMod ROMs are the best custom ROMs for any Android device, MIUI being the next popular ones. The Area 51 Group has successfully ported CyanogenMod 7.1 to Samsung Galaxy Precedent. Please note that this is not the official CyanogenMod and might have some minor bugs which would not really bother you much. In this tutorial we will tell you how to install this ROM on Samsung Galaxy Precedent but before that we will discuss features of this ROM and have a look at some screen captures of CyanogenMod. This would let you decide whether you can go ahead with the installation or not.
- Complete Stock Compile Deodexed
- All Stock CM Apps included
- GApps Preinstalled
- ADW Launcher and ZeamLauncher Included
- Extra Internal Storage Space if you have a /sd-ext partition on your SDCARD
- Before you install any ROM on your device, it is always advisable to take a back up of your tablet’s data. Backing up your contacts is easy and you can back up all your contacts to your tablet’s SD Card.
- To back up your applications, I recommend you to use ASTRO File Manager which also allows cloud storage.
- Make sure you have enough battery on your device to support the installation. If the device powers off due to lack of battery power, it may brick the device.
- Never forget doing a nandroid backup in recovery.
Disclaimer: BlogoTech is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk.
Your device must be running AreaROM before you try this.
Download CyanogenMod for Galaxy Precedent from here.
Make a nandroid backup in recovery. Hold Camera + Volume Up + Power (hit power last) to boot into recovery mode and select Backup & Restore>Backup>nandroid backup.
Steps to Install
- Download the CyanogenMod ROM zip file from the link mentioned above.
- Connect your phone to the Computer using USB cable and copy the zip file to the root of your SD card. By root of your SD card, I mean the SD card itself and not within any folder. This makes it easy for you to find the file in recovery mode.
- Disconnect the phone form PC and turn it off.
- Hold Camera + Volume Up + Power (hit power last) to boot into recovery mode.
- Press Volume buttons to navigate, camera button to select and power button to go back.
- Select “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card”
- Select the CyanogenMod zip file you had moved to your SD card in Step 2 and confirm flashing it in the next screen.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
In this way you can easily install CyanogenMod on Samsung Galaxy Precedent. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below.