If you really love Android OS, you might have more than one Android device. It would be great if you can connect these Android devices together or perhaps use Android phone as remote control for other Android devices. Sometimes you might think it would be of no use, but if you have an Android tablet connected to your HDTV this app would be useful. In such cases, your Android tablet is your Media player and if you have an Android phone, you can control Android tablet using Android phone as a remote control.
Tablet Remote lets you control an Android tablet or phone with another Android device. You can send common input like “Back”, “Home”, “Menu” or “Search” to the tablet, control its volume and brightness and also type words.
If you’re watching a movie, you can send special command like “Play”, “Next” or “Previous”. If you are playing games that support key input with the gamepad like most Xperia Play compatible games, this app would be useful.
Also note, this app makes use of Bluetooth. Hence the two Android devices must be within the Bluetooth signal radius.
- Automatically Forward Text Messages From Phone to PC
- How To Receive Android Phone Alerts On Your Desktop in 2 Steps
Steps to Use Android Phone as Remote Control for Android Tablet
- Install Tablet Remote on both devices.
- Head over to the “Setup” section on the receiving device and make sure you check “Enable tablet remote in the settings” and “Change the input method for tablet remote”.
- Now you need to pair up both the devices. To do that, make sure you have enabled Bluetooth and go to the Connection screen in the app. Tap on “make device discoverable” and then select “Scan devices”
- After this, you will see all the bluetooth enabled devices in the vicinity. Choose the receiving device (Tablet) and a confirmation message appears on the tablet.
- Follow the instructions you get on the tablet to establish connection.
- Once this is done, you can use Android phone as remote control for tablet. To get started, tap the remote button and you will see the remote controls as shown in the images below. In portrait mode, you’ll have the remote setting and in landscape mode, you’ll have the gamepad setting.
Tablet Remote lets you use Android phone as remote control for Tablet in an easy way. What do you think?